These are the requirements needed to become a circle member:
- You must be trained in the ‘core’ method as defined originally by Michael Harner and taught by others.
- You must be trained in core shamanism to a level that includes advanced healing techniques, which could include: Soul Retrieval, Extraction, Psychopomp (work with the dead and dying); and ideally have some experience in Shamanic Counselling.
- You must have on-going personal development and a shamanic spiritual practice.
- You need to be in contact with others working shamanically. For example at a journey/drumming group, or working with a shamanic counsellor.
- You need to be prepared to attend a personal development course or workshop at least once every two years and to share this experience with other members at a meeting.
- You must be working with, or on behalf of others: people, animals, land or the spirits of buildings.
- There will be some sort of exchange between you and your clients (monetary or other), and you may be engaged in your shamanic work full or part-time.
- Abide by our Code of Ethics Code of Ethics
- Pay the Core Shamanic Practitioner Circle annual membership fee.
If members do not pay or do not attend at least one meeting in every two years membership will lapse.